Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: AG limited Doll ?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member snowey's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2005
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really love the AG limited dolls and so far I have Kailey, Marisol and Jess. But I am curious about if I ever have to send any of them in for a stay at the hospital. As an example - if I brush Marisols hair and notice her wig thinning and hair falling out ( it is not) but if it ever does will I be able to get that same wig replaced even though she is limited?
    I guess I want to know that if I ever need to send them in for something at the doll hospital will AG have wigs, face molds and eyes for these limited dolls if they need anything in the future?

    Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You can send them in the furture to the Hospital, I bet AG has a heads and bodies for them just in case. I send Lindsey this past few months and she been retired for several years now. And she came back almost brand new! they really took care of her! [img]smile.gif[/img] I do not know how many extra heads and other stuff there is, they will run out sooner or later, as they have run out of PM heads.. so we just have to wait I guess.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've been wondering how many extra heads they have laying around. They certainly can't have endless supplies of Lindsey, her heads must be running low, right?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well, I think they must've had a lot of extra Kailey heads laying around. Last year at the Madison sale, we had 8am tickets. We were so hopeful that one friend could get a Kailey doll for her dd, she was new to AG and had missed out on her. We had even arranged with friends who had earlier tickets to get a Kailey and do a "hand-off" to my friend, they were so kind.

    Well, let me tell ya...there were plenty of Kaileys to go around. There was a 8 ft table full of them, with boxes stacked under the table as well. I'm not sure how long the supply lasted, but we were surprised to see them still there at 8am at our entry time.

    Then, the real shock came on Sunday! Another table FULL of Kailey dolls, but wearing Kit's meet outfit!

    So we assumed that AG must've had lots of extra Kailey heads that were then placed on to doll bodies. (because we're doubting they just had THAT MANY extra Kailey's laying around)

    But we were also told that a pallet of Lindseys were "found" and employees were able to purchase her last year, so who knows?

    My bet is that this year there will also be plenty of Marisols to be found at the sale, at least in the early hours.

    Laurie

  5. #5
    Inactive Member mspenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was also wondering about how long replacement parts would be around. After reading this thread it got me thinking....is it possible just to buy a head from the hospital and have it sent to me? Strange question I am sure. But could I buy a Marisol head without sending in a damaged Marisol head? That way I would have a spare head. I can't help but laugh at how that sounds. I love Marisols hair and I am often afraid it's going to end up damaged because I brush it so often. I would hate to have her wig fall off and there aren't any more heads available.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I was just thinking the same thing. I mean, Lindsey has essentially the same head as AGOT23 (different wig obviously), Kailey has the same head as Samantha, and Marisol has the same head as Josefina. It's not as if they aren't making heads that could easily be used for these dolls. Jess could be a different story. At least until they make another doll with her head (i.e. possible friends for Kirsten or Kaya)

  7. #7
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    But could I buy a Marisol head without sending in a damaged Marisol head? That way I would have a spare head.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I wonder if they would do that. It's possible if they have some sort of proof that you actually have the doll. Do you have a receipt or an order number you can give them?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member mspenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by cami713:
    It's possible if they have some sort of proof that you actually have the doll. Do you have a receipt or an order number you can give them?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I just recently bought her off ebay. She came new in her box, so I have her and her box. But that would be the most proof I would have.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I remember reading somewhere that the hospital will only exchange "like" heads. If you send in Molly, you can only get a new Molly head, not a Sam head, or forbid! an LE head. Really don't think they'd ever sell just a head to someone.

    Laurie

  10. #10
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just recently bought her off ebay. She came new in her box, so I have her and her box. But that would be the most proof I would have.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmm. I'm really curious now, lol! You might have to send her in to the hospital with a note saying to please not do anything to her, but just send back an additional head, as you're afraid the hospital might run out before you may need one.

    My only concern is that they might think you'd turn around and sell it on ebay. However, I think Marisol has a very different skin tone than any of the other dolls, and it would be hard to even imagine someone "making" a new doll to sell on ebay with only her head.

    Has anyone tried this?

    Edit for spelling.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 15, 2006 12:16 PM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •